"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

real life update.

I'm sure most of you wouldn't believe what my life has consisted of this past week..
& I am sure that those of you who do know what it's consisted of have very real, and honest opinions. 

but with out dropping the deets, and without going over board, let me share with you a few things I have learned. And a few things I hope I can stay true to. 

1. Perhaps it is best to keep your goals, dreams, and ideas to yourself. It's not that other people are out to get you.. it's just that sometimes it's hard to believe in the extraordinary. It's hard to see that something besides the every day could still be possible. It's not a fault, it's just a forgotten truth. Instead, I hope I can keep my ambitions on the DL, thus when they do become reality.. everyone will benefit. :) And believe me, they WILL become a reality. 

2. God is good. And I think we, or at least I, under estimate his trust in us, me. I have been so overwhelmed with the opportunities that have been presented to me, and I owe it all to the plan of our Saviour. I am so humbled to know that he believes in me enough to pursue the task at hand. 

3. Often times when I kneel to pray I feel a begrudging feeling. How could I kneel to pray and ask for guidance and help, when I never listen to the offers already given to me? How could I kneel and think God will listen to me, when I don't listen to Him? How can I ask for His spirit to be with me, if I don't create a safe house for it to be carried? I don't know how.. but I do know that I still can. & that no matter what mistakes I made that day, or week, or that moment ago.. He'll still listen, and He'll still answer, and He'll still believe. Often times now I pray to have the negativity in my heart and mind to be released. This makes completing a prayer easier because I let myself loose of Satan's bands. I push through the grudges, and find the peace. 

4. A positive word goes a long way. And visa versa. Often times after I hear a negative opinion about something, I feel myself begin to carry that same feeling. I house it as if it was my own. Then when a topic arises in which a negative memory is triggered.. that memory is released. I have made myself a passer of the unhealthy & unattractive thoughts. I don't like that. I want to be a person who, despite everything, still has a positive thing to say about everyone, and everything. At the end of each day, I want to feel myself grow a little closer to the example of Jesus Christ. There in lies happiness. 

5. Sometimes a stake out with your best friend and a bean and cheese burrito is exactly what we need. 

6. It bothers me that answers to some of life's offerings... are pre-created. I think it is so important for each of us to push past our first initial thoughts, the thoughts that have some how embedded themselves within us, & search for what we truly think is right. I think it would surprise many people that what they truly think, is opposite of their already given opinion. We can't be afraid to be different. We can't be afraid to truly live on the bright side. We can't be afraid to answer life's questions with a thumbs up. 

This past week should have been challenging. It should have shaken me from the core, and rocked my whole world. I should feel overwhelmed, mis-guided, and scared. But you know what I feel instead? For the first time in quite awhile.. I feel inspired. I feel loved. I feel peace and contentment. I feel the drive and the passion to continue my life in such a way that others will truly be inspired by the way I have answered life's questions. 

I feel like I fell in love with an incredible man. I know that every day he offers me another reason to love him more. 

I feel like God believes in me, that He loves me. 

I feel driven to succeed. 

& perhaps the first time in forever.. I truly believe in myself. I know I can conquer the task at hand. 

Through humility, guidance, & love... we can do anything. :)