"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

meeting Handsome


Meet Jeremy. :) 

We've been dating for a month now, as of today. 
It feels like much longer, and that's probably because he tried 
to date me for a whole six months prior. 

time after time i would blow him off, 
or just flat out say no.
I even hooked him up with a good friend of mine.
..but the kid just wouldn't have it. 

after A LOT of patience and persistence, he asked me out one more time. 
the last chance we needed. 

He took me to his work christmas party, where i was affectionately known as "cancelling Kiri",
i loved seeing him in his comfort zone. 

after that night, we talked every day. Quite a bit. 
One night I flat out asked him if he would ever kiss me..
he said, in a heart beat. 

the next night he did. 

After that we started seeing each other every day. 
He would make me dinner after work, or bring me my favourite sandwich on a break. 
He helped me stamp and glue and cut all kinds of chirstmas gifts together..
and there were many a nights I would keep him up till dawn just talking. 

On Christmas Eve my mother asked me if he was coming to the house to meet the family.
i told her he had his own mexican fiesta to attend, but asked him anyways. 
without skipping a beat he said he would love to come over. 

He met my family that night, in his pink button down shirt. 
I think they were all digging it just as much as i was. ;)

It turned out that even a day away from each other wouldn't cut it.
So on Christmas night I got a call with a question, 
"will you come to Logandale tonight so i can take you horseback riding in the morning?"

I said yes. of course. :)

I met his whole family that night. Three sisters. one mom. two grandparents. and a brother Jax. 
I felt instantly that this was the place to be, if you wanted to feel loved. 

that night I told him i wanted to date him. exclusively. 
i told him i was crazy, and that he would have to deal with a lot of soon-to-be stress..
and i told him i wanted to spend a lot of my time with my best friend who's leaving on his mission..
i told him that i was leaving for China in a month, and that i would be gone for six..


He still said yes. 

so we smiled a whole lot, walked hand in hand, and he tucked me in that night. 
it was perfect. :)

the next morning, true to his word, Jer woke me up bright and early. His mama made us an
incredible breakfast, and we headed out. 

a sore butt, a little scare, a beautiful ride, and a few kisses later..
we were right back home. 

inseparable since that night. 
that wonderful wonderful night. :) 

and though it has only been a month, 
it has only gotten better!

and true to my word, the kid has had to put up with a lot of crazy. 
a lot of stress. 
and a lot of worry about saying good-bye. 

...but you know what? 
I have never been treated better by anyone. 
and I have never felt more loved before. 

Jeremy.. is.. incredible. 
a teddy bear.
a man.
a tender spirit.
a helping hand.
a funny laugh.
a positive outlook.
a shoulder to lean on.
a hard worker.
a visionary.
a missionary.


He is a constant example.
 and has a beautiful passion for a simple, humble, and
service filled life.  

the person he is gives me butterflies in my tummy.
the man he can become gives me overwhelming pride.
and the couple we can be together fills me with joy.

 i like him a whole lot.
more and more everyday. 

How could i not? He is the best thing that's happened to me in  
long long long time. 

In fact, I am sure he is the best thing that has happened to a lot of people. 
and I am so grateful he chose me to love. 

oh, and did i mention he's a good six whole inches TALLER then me? 
;)


:)